Nominate now for AFF Board vacancies
Two vacancies on the Board of the Australian Fencing Federation Ltd (AFF) are now open to nominations from the community. Member States will vote to fill the positions at the upcoming AFF Annual General Meeting, scheduled for Sunday, 28th May 2023.
The vacancies have arisen due to the term expiration of current Directors:
- Mr Vincent Elias; and
- Ms Kaye Mahoney
Both elected positions are for a period of four years and will expire at the AFF Ltd Annual General Meeting held in 2027.
The upcoming (2023) AGM also marks the expiration of appointed Director Mr Paul Glasson’s term.
About the role
The Board is responsible for meeting the objectives outlined in the AFF Strategic Plan. It meets monthly at a mutually agreed time (evenings or weekends) via video conference and quarterly for two-day weekend workshops.
Directorships are honourary but travel expenses are remunerated. While the Board is supported by part-time operations and finance officer roles, candidates should be prepared to contribute to:
- regular policy reviews
- program development initiatives
- financial planning
- meeting legislated governance and compliance timelines
- relationship building with external parties
If you would like to learn more about how the Board operates from week-to-week, express your interest via email and ask for a Board member to give you a call.
How to nominate
Nominations should be submitted on the letterhead of a Voting Member (see hyperlinked member list below), signed by two members of the Voting Member’s committee or board and signed by the nominee.
Nominations are to include the following information as a minimum:
- The name of the nominee.
- Information about the nominee. This may include the nominee’s qualifications, professional experience, sporting experience (if not included in professional experience), other relevant experience and an election statement.
- Details of any Disqualifying Position as given in 13.3(a) of the Company’s Constitution that will be required to be put to the Meeting as a Special Resolution.
Interested persons should contact their state officials and arrange for the relevant submissions.
Nominations must be received by 5.00pm, 17 April 2023. All nominations are to be received by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.