Calling for nominations to join the AFF Board
Are you looking for a role in community service? Do you have a skillset or expertise you can share with Australian Fencing?
There are three AFF Board vacancies arising at the upcoming Annual General Meeting due to the term expiration of:
- Angela Bensted,
- Christopher Nonis, and
- Garry Webster.
All AFF Member States have been asked to submit nominations for the election of three Directors to the Board of the Company. Anyone who is interested in nominating for a Board position should contact their state officials and arrange for the relevant submissions.
About the role
The Board is responsible for meeting the objectives outlined in the AFF Strategic Plan. It meets monthly at a mutually agreed time (evenings or weekends) via video conference and quarterly for two-day weekend workshops (when interstate travel restrictions allow).
Directorships are honorary but travel expenses are remunerated. While the Board is supported by part-time operations and finance officer roles, candidates should be prepared to contribute to:
- regular policy reviews
- program development initiatives
- financial planning
- meeting legislated governance and compliance timelines
- relationship building with external parties
If you would like to learn more about how the Board operates from week-to-week, express your interest via email to [email protected] and ask for a Board member to give you a call.
Nominations must be received by 5.00pm, 2 May 2021. All nominations are to be received by email to [email protected].
What to include
Nominations should be submitted on the letterhead of the Voting Member, signed by two members of the Voting Member’s committee or board and signed by the Nominee.
Nominations are to include the following information as a minimum:
- The name of the Nominee.
- Information about the Nominee. This may include the Nominees qualifications, professional experience, sporting experience (if not included in professional experience), other relevant experience and an election statement.
- Details of any Disqualifying Position as given in 13.3(a) of the Company’s Constitution that will be required to be put to the Meeting as a Special Resolution.