Project 5000 Grants
The AFF is delighted to launch the next Tranche of the Project 5000 Grants Program. This program provides funding for targeted initiatives aimed at increasing the number of fencers in Australia. It is being implemented as part of the AFF’s strategic aim of achieving 5,000 registered ‘active members’ (fencers affiliated at State level).
The program will offer grant funding to clubs, State Associations and other eligible organisations to support activities which attract new fencers. It is aimed at activities which result in an increase in the number of active members (fencers affiliated at club or State level). Accordingly, funding will not be provided for one-off ‘come and try’ events. A maximum of $5,000 will be allocated to any one application. A maximum of 50% funding will be paid up front, with the remaining amount to be paid following completion of the activity and subject to confirmed State affiliation of new active members (who had not been affiliated in the past two years).
The program is open to coaches, clubs and State Associations who are registered with the AFF. Applications prepared in conjunction with external organisations (eg schools or universities) will also be considered. Coaches nominated to deliver funded programs must be accredited with the AFF.
Applications for funding will be assessed according to the following criteria:
- demonstrated ability and experience in delivering successful participation outcomes.
- ability to deliver sustained increases in active registered fencers
- opportunity to introduce fencing into new geographic areas (eg regional Australia)
- potential to increase diversity – eg through programs targeted at women, minorities or disadvantaged groups
- return on investment (expenditure vs new active members)
- extent of proposed co-investment
- use of innovative solutions (including the potential for broader roll-out)
Successful recipients will be required to provide a financial reconciliation and a short report.
The AFF has several sets of plastic equipment (weapon, mask and training vest for 10 fencers) which may be provided to applicants under the Participation Grants Program. Please indicate in your application if you would be interested in receiving this equipment.
The current tranche opens on 6 August 2019 and closes on 16 August 2019.
Please complete the application form below and return to [email protected] by 16 August 2019.