The FIE has released information about the international coaching courses to be held at its Budapest Coaching Academy during 2019. The key features of the courses are:
* Unlike in previous years, the courses for each weapon (Epee, Sabre and Foil) will be conducted separately.
* Each course will run for 4 months, 8 hours per day (Monday to Friday) and will be conducted in English.
* There are only 8 places in each course, with a maximum of 2 places for coaches from the Asia/Oceania zone.
* There is no fee for the course and accommodation and meals are included.
* The AFF will consider providing a travel subsidy for appropriate candidates.
The AFF is seeking expressions of interest from accredited coaches who would like to participate in the Coaching Academy. Coaches should submit their expression of interest by completing the relevant application form and returning it to [email protected] by the deadline set out below. Coaches are encouraged to submit an expression of interest even if they do not satisfy all of the requirements set out in the information sheet.
The dates for each course (and the AFF deadline for expressions of itnerest) are as follows:
1. Epee – 20 January to 19 April 2019 (AFF deadline: 10 November 2018)
2. Sabre – 21 April to 21 July 2019 (AFF deadline: 6 December 2018)
3. Foil – 22 July to 21 October 2019 (AFF deadline: 6 January 2019)