Click on the logo to see who..
Thankyou for your support of the Sport of Fencing in Australia.
Keep up to date (RSS Feed)
Information about RSS Feeds can be found here.
This RSS feed will alert you when any article on the AusFencing website is updated. If you want to keep up to date with what is happening, it is recommended that you use this RSS feed.
(Click on the image below)
National Documents and Policies
Operational Protocol – Tour Team Management
Tour Management is an essential part of any AFF-related athlete tour, and the need for a Manager or other officials is assessed by the AFF Executive based on the size of the team travelling, as well as the genders, ages and experience of participants. The Manager will be required to deal with all aspects of the tour, and will prepare a brief report after the tour for the AFF. The process of selection is usually as follows:
- Individuals who have already expressed a desire and willingness to undertake a specific tour, and who the Executive believe to be appropriate to undertake Tour Management duties, will be confirmed as Tour Management.
- In the event that there are further requirements for Team Management, Coaches already travelling on the tour will be invited to also undertake Tour Management duties (for an additional fee to be set by the Executive).
- In the event that there are further requirements for Team Management, a person already travelling on the tour who is not an athlete will be invited to also undertake Tour Management duties (for an additional fee to be set by the Executive).
- In the event that there are further requirements for Team Management, an open nomination process will commence via the AFF Portal.
- The Executive will then decide from the nominees (Operations Director, to be ratified by the Executive). The Executive may decide not to select one or more of the nominees. The factors (in no particular order) that the Executive will use to make its decision will include:
- Gender and age of athletes, gender or age of nominee
- Previous Team Management duties undertaken (Fencing)
- Previous Team Management duties undertaken (other sports)
- Cost for airfare from nominee’s home state to the competition destination
- Relationship to any of the athletes, or whether the nominee is already travelling as an athlete
- Previous Member Protection issues
- Previous Tour reporting submitted
- In the event that there are further requirements for Team Management, the Executive will directly approach specific people.
[An Operational Protocol is information about the process by which the AFF Executive generally makes its decisions. It is designed as a matter of governance and transparency so that stakeholders in various decisions may inform themselves as to how decisions are usually made. An Operational Protocol is not policy, and cannot be subject to appeal.]
Last Updated 22 July 2013.